Monday, February 6, 2012

Birthday & Plans

This weekend I turned the ripe old age of 24! Complete with beautiful flowers in the mail from my fab parents, festivities with my McG grandparents (who both have a birthday within a week of mine), birthday dinner and shopping with my awesome sister, a surprise get-together with some of our friends (thanks to my sweet hubby and awesome friend Janelle for making it a hit!), and an amazing birthday dinner at my in-laws! We only got pictures on my actual birthday at the Perrys, so here's what we've got:

Putting together my favorite dish, pasta primavera :)

Complete with shrimp, carrots, tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, peas, and broccoli! Yum.

It really is a beautiful pasta with all the vibrant colors! Tastes just as good as it looks, if not better.
Jordan also made homemade garlic-rosemary breadsticks which were delicious, but we didn't get a picture. The man is a baking genius though, truly!

The Dessert: Red Velvet Cheesecake


Me and my sis... and my awesome mother-in-law belting The Beatles' "Birthday" song ;)

Delicious!!!

Making my wish :)

Partying it up to The Beatles' "Birthday"


Opening up my darling apron from the Perrys. Handmade by Jolynn!

You can't see all the details, but it's beautifully done and has a real vintage feel to it. Sure makes cooking that much more enjoyable! It's even got two deep pockets where I can stash my iPod-- I always listen to Harry Potter while I cook :).

It was a wonderful birthday, thanks to my wonderful family and friends! :) 
Especially Jordan, who makes everything wonderful. Love that man more every day.

In other news, Jordan got into University of Washington's DPT program this morning! Congratulations to Mr. Smarty-pants, who gets an official pass for the rest of the semester since he got into his top two schools of choice. Course he's too good to actually sluff school and get C's, but I like to keep teasing him that he can ;). Anyway, it is nice to have the grades-pressure off.

This is also awesome because that means we both got into our top programs of choice, bringing the running to UW and USC (Boston is still in the mix, but not really as desirable of a choice). Now we just have to make the deposits for Jordan's programs at each school (ouch! $1500 total, non-refundable! being a grown-up sucks) and wait for me to hear about scholarships (crossing fingers). I should hear if I got an interview for each school around the end of this month or early March, and if I get them then they're both during the last week of March (also when we have our 4th wedding anniversary! annnnd also when the Hunger Games comes out...). So if I get the interviews, I'll hear back about the scholarships in early April, and that's when we'll make our decision! Pretty exciting, but we're glad to have two great options on the west coast in beautiful cities with lots of great assets in each. And I'm glad to be in the best of company as we go forward with this exciting new adventure :).

9 comments:

Katie and Cam said...

woo hoo!!! Congratulations to Jordan! You guys are rockstars.

Carly said...

I am hungry for red velvet cheesecake. YUM. And congrats to both you and Jordan! Wow!

I also love that Hunger Games got a shout out. So excited for that!

Carson Perry said...

Great pics, Kels. Sure was fun having you over. Jolynn was so glad you liked the apron and the dinner. We will sure miss you guys when you go off to grad school, but we support you 100% and are glad your options are so favorable. Tell Jord congrats on the UW acceptance!

Carson Perry said...

That last comment was actually Doug and not Carson. I didn't realize he had his Google account open and I didn't.

Jenelle said...

Congrats to you both!
My two cents: Seattle is such a beautiful, rockin' city, but LA is getting Harry Potter World... tough choice, especially since we like to live vicariously through each other ;)

lindsay said...

your mother in law is hilarious! i love your apron!!! tell me if you move to seattle!!!!

hales said...

What a fun week you had! Good luck with all the decisions to be made soon . . .

Alyssa/Jo said...

Congrats and Happy Birthday!!! We wanted to be at the surprise festivities but sadly we were out of town. I'm glad to hear someone else is close to my age...

How nice you will go to one of your top choices - you are studs!

Heidi said...

Congrats on awesome choices of schools, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KELSEY!!!