Monday, January 11, 2010

The Sick-Stress Theory (kelsey style)

Soooo I remember learning/reading that we tend to get sick when we're stressed. Most of us have probably heard this. Sad news for all of us students-- that makes for a very sick finals week! But I seem to be following a different trend. About a day or two after arriving in California for Christmas, right after finals were complete, I found myself feeling mighty sick. Similarly, I found myself one sick puppy beginning the very afternoon after taking the GRE this week. Still recovering, it's been a doozy. Questionable though, right? I'm thinking my body is taking on a new version of "sick when you're stressed," and this new version might be called "body, you better dang not get sick while i'm so stressed..." followed by a total body collapse after the stress is over. lol. Just a thought. Any similar experiences?

3 comments:

hales said...

You know -- I have told people MANY times . . . if you'll eat more Sees candy, you won't get sick. Or good-n-plenty. Or Reeses peanut butter cups. Trust me.
Melody

Stephanie said...

I frequently have that happen. In fact, I'm sick right now :) I think it's like you finally give your body permission once the crunch is over. Congrats on the GRE by the way!

Brittanie said...

My body is this way. I told it flat out that it COULD NOT get sick during stressful times, so it just gets sick afterwards - but then I think it's actually worse, if that's possible. :(