Wednesday, March 23, 2011

if I were a bird

I'd sing all the time and everyone would love it! Sadly, for now I sing mostly by myself and if someone else hears, they try to pretend they didn't ;). Lol no that's a little dramatic, but having a perma-smoker voice all the time makes it hard to have a range or control. But seriously, I was busy standing in some other line in heaven because I apparently wasn't standing in the singing line. My mistake! In the next life, I am ready to stand in line all day if that's what it takes (and you can ask Jordan, I hate lines) in order to be one of those people who can really communicate through song. My gosh, I wish I were one. And if I were, I'd want to sound kind of like myself, the raw/raspy thing, but more controlled and clear, like one of these ladies:

Adele, Someone Like You (skip to 1:00 if you just want to hear the song)



Brandi Carlile, The Story




I love both these songs. Both such beautiful stories (literally in the second one ;). Brandi Carlile is a bit more of the rocker scene... but I like it! So much uninhibited emotion. As for Adele... I seriously don't even know what to say. I cried the first time I heard that song. It's so beautiful and I think her raw, straightforward voice is so moving. Music really is something else.

5 comments:

Carly said...

I wish I had the singing gift too! Awesome songs.

hales said...

Kelsey -- what you are talking about?? I've heard you sing! You were NOT in another line. You are one talented lady.

Stephanie said...

Hmm, I think you were standing in every other line in heaven . . . the lines for being brilliant, artistic, fun loving, adventurous, outgoing, a good writer, etc. I don't think I can even keep track of all the other lines. You had to skip ONE of them!(And P.S. you probably didn't even skip that line and are just being modest ;)

Jordan said...

haha! thanks for the kind feedback friends... it's true, i can handle about 8 notes in the alto range. So that's something at least :). And Steph you're right, I am very fortunate to have lots of blessings, though I think you're being a bit generous-- but hey that's what friends are for, right? ;)

Emily Voigtlander said...

Thanks for sharing! Very beautiful! Brightened my work day.

(And I know you can sing! I've heard it! You are about 1000 times better than I am. I torture my musical Jordan with my lack of tune, tempo, etc.)