Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother


I've got mother on my mind this week-- maybe because it's my own beautiful mother's birthday today, or Mother's Day this Sunday (probably both). But I love these quotes, that sum up a lot of my feelings about mother, that woman we all love:

One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one. 
--Thomas S. Monson

Some women give birth and raise children but never “mother” them. Others, whom I love with all my heart, “mother” all their lives but have never given birth. Therefore, we must understand that however we accomplish it, parenthood is the highest of callings, the holiest of assignments. 
— Patricia Holland, A Quiet Heart 

Motherhood is near to divinity. It is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.
--The First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

I'm so grateful for the mothers in my life-- all those women that have loved and influenced me. Teachers and friends. Most of all I'm grateful for the mother that gave me life-- what a beautiful life I have! Happy birthday and Mother's Day to you :). I love you forever!

1 comment:

SMcG said...

And I love you beautiful girl (inside & out) <3
xo