Thursday, February 19, 2009

My new baby!

So my mother generously gave me her Powerbook G4 when I came to college 2.5 years ago, which has had a really great run, and is now on a bit of a last leg. I think it's 6 years old now, and it still works okay but it has to "think" for a long time (as we've lovingly dubbed it), especially if I'm running more than one program at once. And soooooo..... since I just recently got that ORCA grant for my research.... (which I know it sounds shady-- I am actually encouraged to use the money for whatever I need-- I can use it if my research requires, which it doesn't, or just for myself, as a compensation for the time I've spent researching!).... we decided to get a new computer!!!! Hooray!!!! And here she is:


Isn't she a beaut?!?! *sigh* It's a refurbished new macbook, so we got it for $200 cheaper than the typical new macbook. :D :D :D And below is the new macbook sleeve I ordered! It has SHERPA fur on the inside, crazy right? It's eco-friendly and, might I say, really cute!!! It'll help keep my new baby nice and new. :)



I got it at applesac.com, and it was $30, which is just about the cheapest price on most laptop sleeves that I could find. And so much cuter than the rest!

So, that's my wonderful new story. I am pumped. I'm excited. I'll get it in the mail between the 25th and the 3rd. Hooray!!!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

Hi guys!! That is so awesome about a new laptop, but that laptop sleeve just might be even more fun! LOVE it.

I hope you're doing well; I check in on you from time to time. Ahh, EFY memories. :)

bfillerup said...

I love the laptop sac--so cute! So can you ichat now? Madison is missing you!!!

We are planning a trip to your neck of the woods this summer. As soon as Madison heard where we were going she instantly remembered that you live there too. Without even asking us if were were going to visit you, she keeps telling everyone (her friends, preschool teachers, us, etc.) that we are going to your house this summer--"I am going to Kesley's house this summer!" Will you guys be around this summer? I hope so :)