Saturday, March 28, 2009

COLORS

(Note: I cannot get this thing to listen to me and make this writing a normal size. So sorry, it's just going to stay huge!) Well. We just had a really great adventure last night! Yesterday was our official anniversary, and we decided to just have some fun with it! There's an Indian Temple in Springville, and they were having their annual "Holi," or "Festival of Colors," and we decided to go!!! I'd seen pictures before, but never gone. We drove down with Rebecca and Davis (my cousin and her husband), and walked about a mile from our parking spot to get to the Temple! We got their about 20 minutes before the color throwing began, which was perfect timing :). It was pretty crazy- this band was playing a "Hare Krishna" song, and everybody was chanting all this Indian stuff (we refrained, in case it was some kind of baptism or something lol... and then the band leader announced "Some people have been worried about coming to this because they think we'll want to convert them. But we're not looking for converts, we're looking for friends! And we're so glad we have so many this year!!!" And then everyone yelled and made a hooplah!) and then after a 10-second count down, everyone starting throwing their chalk in the air, and all over each other, and all over everything!!! It was hilarious-- and really hard to breathe!!! We couldn't see anything, and had to cover our mouths with our shirts so we could breathe. But on to the really good part... the pictures....


BEFORE:

AFTER:



We're a mess, and we love it!


Holla!

Align Center


Looks like Becca's makin a pink stink! a chalk one i mean :)



Fruity feeties!



I actually really love this one, too bad I couldn't reach far enough to get Jord in!



The whole gang!



This is probably my fav.



Happy Anniversary!!! Hottie!!!



So I saw a bunch of people with chalk on their faces and I thought it looked ridiculous!!! And I wanted to look that ridiculous too... so, I asked a random girl to give me a nice shot to the face: and here is the result! :)



So that was pretty fun. When we got home we had a shower full of REALLY purple water!!! My hair was draining purple for over ten minutes. Crazy!!!

After that we decided to get dessert, do just a last little anniversary splurge. We went to our favorite Thai restaurant-- Thai Ruby, and got mangos and sticky rice!!! Our favorite.... yummm. If you've never had it, you really really need to try it. Best dessert in the whole world.

Then we came home and looked through all our fun engagement pictures, and watched our wedding videos. It was a perfect anniversary! :)

7 comments:

JPF said...

This looks way fun! Glad you guys are taking advantage of cool opportunities like this. Well done!

Jared, Miranda and Max said...

I have to admit... Jared and I so missed holi festival this year. Though the university I work at has tons of professors from India, so every once in a while I reminisce with them. Lovelove the antiqued photos :)

Tanilee said...

Wow, so much fun you guys!! Happy Anniversary and since I haven't talked to either of you in like ten years, hope you're doing well!

Becky said...

Hello there! LOVE that you guys have a blog so we know what's up! Here's ours:

http://shoberfamily.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Oh, man--this looks like the best day EVER! I love the final face shot.

Nicklepickle said...

I did not know youhad a blog little lady... I'm adding you to my list... Love ya girl! Cute pictures!

Brittanie said...

You are adorable! Happy Anniversary!