Saturday, June 20, 2009

What a hunky hubby...

So, as many of you have heard, last weekend Jordan ran his first marathon in 2 hours and 46 minutes! WOW. To give some perspective to how blinkin fast that is, that's an average of 6:20 miles, he got 2nd in his age group, 9th overall, and qualified for the Boston marathon. If he'd run this same marathon last year with the same time, he would've placed second!!! Amazing. I'm just amazed. He was pretty pleased too because he ran it 10 minutes faster than he trained for, which is pretty significant! Here's some documentation of the big event....


Here he was at about the halfway mark! hoorah!


This was at about 22 miles, with me giving him some wet sponges :)


Finish line!!!


He deserves to be tired...

His dedicated fans: wife, mom, and sisters Cassandra and Brionna :)

Me and my man!

Getting his plaque for placing second in his age group! (19-24)


Fewf! What a guy! :)

6 comments:

Lauren said...

my goodness.... that is insane. way to go jordan!

Tanilee said...

First of all - congrats Jordan. That's awesome and I'm so totally imperssed. But second of all - holy crap! You are so stinking skinny! How much do you weigh? My guess is 110 MAX... soaking wet! But that's all beside the point I guess. Seriously good job.

Cheri said...

That is AMAZING. And about 24 more miles than I can run.

Kelsey, you look adorable as always.

SMcG said...

EASILY qualified for the Boston Marathon.
So very impressed - Well done Jordan!!!

Jenna said...

we found you guys! yay! also- that is amazing jordan, congrats on a huge feat. you guys rock.

hales said...

Wow Jordan! That's an amazing time. I was feeling pretty good about my 4 hours, 20 minutes, but now I feel like a slacker. Guess I'll go eat some ice cream to make myself feel better.
Melody