Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Murals :)

Well, I've been a busy lady painting these murals for the Johnson fam! A bunch of posts ago I put some pictures up of Nathaniel and me-- he's the little boy with autism that I work with. Well, his mom found out I could paint okay, and commissioned me to do a bunch of fun work in her kids rooms!!! So here's the result so far-- basketball sconces, a UT Jazz Scoreboard, and an almost finished BYU Cougars football field for Nathaniel's room (he's 10), and a white picket fence with some bright fun flowers for Julia's room (she's 7). Although Nathaniel's turned out alright, I have to admit that I enjoyed painting Julia's room much more. Probably the little girl in me coming out- those flowers were way too fun to come up with!!! Not to mention I've listened to about 3 Harry Potter books while working on these-- not a bad gig, right? Well, here's the goods:



Here's the basketball sconce I painted:

The UT Jazz scoreboard (over his bed)

Soon this will say "Brigham Young" and "Cougars" in the endzones, with a big "Y" in the middle! Go Cougs!

Here's Julia's room... the lighting is bad and it was pretty messy, but this is what you see as you walk in...

On the right side of her window:

On the left side of the window:

close up...

This is on the wall to the right of her bed and window, a whole long wall of fence and flowers!





There's some more, but I think you probably got the idea. Fun stuff! :)

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow Kelsey, those look great! I love the flowers and girly stuff too, but you have quite a talent either way!

Tanilee said...

Great job Kelsey! Love those flowers! :)

SMcG said...

The girl's room is adorable. And the sconce in the boy's room, is that the light portion of it that's painted like a b-ball? Very cool Kels!

erika herman said...

That is so cute. Someday, I will commission you to paint my kid's rooms. Deal?

kels said...

Deal :)

Emily Voigtlander said...

Super cute! And I can totally tell the little girl's room is a Kelsey painting! Haha. :D

Unknown said...

always i used to read smaller content that as well clear their motive,and that is also happening with this article which I am reading at this time. judi slot online