Monday, August 23, 2010

Nope, I didn't die, but it seems like this blog might have...


Hi all. What do you know but it's been months and months again since a post from yours truly! I'm sure you've all been hanging on the edges of your seats waiting for more, so here's another summed up recap of our Spring/Summer:

JORDAN ran his marathon in TWO hours and THIRTY-SIX minutes. For those of you who aren't hip on marathon times (like me, for example), those are sub-six minute miles for the ENTIRE 26 miles. Wowza, did I marry a rockstar or what?!?! He placed first in his age group, what a stud, and qualified for the Boston Marathon again. Amazing.

I took two art classes during Spring which I both thoroughly enjoyed and sort of detested in the same breath. I love to learn and I kind of need to be forced to paint if I'm ever going to actually finish anything, but I also really hate to have my work critiqued, mainly because I feel like art critique is so totally bogus/objective. Like, I'd get an 8 out of 10 points, but without any kind of explanation for why. Now if that happened on an essay, wouldn't everyone be frustrated? I for one, would not be satisfied with the response "I just didn't like it" or "It was missing that thing" (???). NO idea. Art.... I love and I hate it, what can a girl do.

Then, my sister Katie arrived for Summer term and we (Jordan, me, and her) had a blast hanging out at least one night a week partying. And it was a riot having my parents and Elise in town to drop her off. We always love having company,
especially such good-looking, fun, entertaining and hilarious company! ;)

Katie and I also took a bookbinding class together during Summer term, which was too much fun. We loved hanging out, not to mention I can't say enough about the art of bookbinding. Our teacher was a complete doll, and given the fact that we're both obsessed with
books, we were pretty much in heaven. Here's some of the fruits of my labor:

Thanks-Helping-Me-Graduate-Book for my Dad :)


Thanks-Helping-Me-Graduate-Book for my Mom :)



And a Baby Notebook for my friend and old roommate Jill who just had a beautiful baby girl!



Too much fun. Oh and as you may have deduced from the books for my mom and dad, I GRADUATED!!! Pretty awesome. And my awesome hubby decided to get me the entire Adobe Suite for graduation! It was a huge surprise to me.... he's much better at pulling those off than I am :). So here's my first attempt at monkeying around with photoshop:







Well, that's plenty for now I think... but stay tuned for a post about our trip to DC, Jord's birthday, and bunches of more fun. Or something like it :).


8 comments:

Alicia said...

Welcome back, though I just (re)found your blog. :) That book binding thing is pretty much the coolest thing EVER. How do you do it? You are so talented!

I agree with you about the art critiquing. That's why I just paint for myself and the occasional family member so I don't have anonymous strangers criticizing my every brush stroke.

Hope things are great! Good luck in grad school this fall!

erika herman said...

Oh my gosh, that marathon time is dangerously close to my half marathon time. I feel like a super wimp now. Ha, it is great to see an update, we miss you guys!

Carly said...

Those books are sweet!!! Sounds like an awesome summer. Good luck with grad school! Keep me posted!

Brittany said...

Hey, I found you finally! Miss you guys! LOVE those books, I hope you made one for you one day!

hales said...

Jordan -- WOWZA on your marathon time. Impressive!! That was half my time! (now I'm depressed.)
Can't wait to see you guys again.
Melody

SMcG said...

Beautiful books Kelsey and Congrats on everything. xoxxo

bekki said...

I love that you blog about as much as I do. :) your pictures are beautiful! I hope all is going well for you guys! ~Bekki Hopkins

kels said...

Alicia-- I took a class at BYU! It's actually pretty easy, just a bit complicated at first but when you get the hang of it it's totally manageable.

ANd thanks/love to everyone else!